Isn’t this the perfect weather for cucumbers and … watermelon? Beat the heat with healthy vegetables and fruits that are all so soothing. Here are a few tid bits on Cukes.
Cucumbers contain most of the vitamins you need daily. Just one cucumber contains Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium and Zinc.
Feeling tired in the afternoon? Put down the caffeinated soda and pick up a cucumber. Cucumbers are a good source of B Vitamins and carbohydrates that can provide that quick pick-me-up that lasts for hours.
3. Tired of your bathroom mirror fogging up after a shower? Try rubbing a cucumber slice along the mirror, it will
eliminate the fog and provide a soothing, spa-like fragrance.
4. Are grubs and slugs ruining your planting beds? Place a few slices in a small pie tin and your garden will be free of pests all season long. The chemicals in the cucumber react with the aluminum to give off a scent undetectable to humans but drive. Garden pests crazy and make them flee the area.
5 Looking for a fast and easy way to remove cellulite before going out or to the pool? Some women swear by this! Try rubbing a slice or two of cucumber along your problem area for a few minutes. The phytochemicals in the cucumber cause the collagen in your skin to tighten, firming up the outer layer and reducing the visibility of cellulite. Works great on wrinkles.
6.. Want to avoid a hangover or terrible headache? Eat a few cucumber slices before going to bed and wake up refreshed and headache free. Cucumbers contain sugar, B Vitamins and electrolytes to replenish essential
nutrients the body lost, keeping everything in equilibrium.
7. Have an important meeting or getting married in the morning!? and you don’t have enough time to get your shoes polished? Rub a freshly cut cucumber over the shoe. Its’ chemicals will provide a quick and durable shine that not only looks great but also repels water.
8. Out of WD 40 and need to fix a squeaky hinge? Take a cucumber slice and rub it along the problematic hinge, and voila! the squeak is gone!
9. Cucumber can be used to erase pen marks on walls. Works also with some crayons. Not sure about leather (oh those white purses and shoes… I’m always looking for solutions to keeping them clean, anyone have a good tip?)